Saturday, September 22, 2012

Practice makes Public Relations


It is said that practice makes perfect.

A dancer dances. A writer writes. A pianist plays.

Well, I hope to be a public relations practitioner and that means knowing how to research, knowing how to connect with my public and knowing how to share information. If I want to be able to do this I must practice. I would like to be able to tell effective stories. So, I must practice.

I am currently involved with my student chapter of PRSA and NABJ which stand for Public Relations Society of America and National Association of Black Journalists.

These organizations are important because it provides me with a network of my peers who are learning or have learned some of the things I am learning. It also gives me the chance to work on my craft, whether it is developing newsletters, press releases, writing or working on a public relations campaign. I get to do that by being involved with these organizations.

Also, I have taken it upon myself to find stories and report them. Using my multimedia skills I will put together the stories I find and just continue on improving my skills with multimedia, including social media, audio works and video. This is my chance to become better at what I do. I hope to post more updates as soon as I complete. This is why I have a YouTube channel titled Visual Ambitions so I can post my work so that I may share with others. It will also be a visual display of my transition while I am learning, improving and dedicating more time to my projects.

I am very close to being officially published, at least during my collegiate years.

Please wish me luck in my future endeavors as a journalist and public relations person.

Although, I am on the PR track (major) I still consider myself a journalist because I tell stories. In the future I will share links to my works as they become available.  

If practice makes perfect then I am going to be doing just that with my public relations skills. :)


Twitter: @Annbitious
YouTube: youtube.com/visualambitions
LinkedIn: Ann Magloire
Facebook: Ann Magloire

© Ann-Makir Magloire

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Ann-Makir Magloire

© Ann-Makir Magloire