Friday, September 14, 2012

Public Relations Advice


I have just finished reading an article titled "The best advice I've received about PR" by Ronnie Manning from Ragan Public Relations.

I have chosen a few that I really like and will use as a motto as I continue in this journey of becoming a public relations professional.

Some of the advices I liked were;

When something happens the first two questions to ask oneself are "who do I tell?" and

 "Who do I need to thank?" - Laura Kane.

“Listen before you speak. And when the other person is done talking, ask if he or she has anything else to say.” - Susan Matthews.

"Tell your story and Tell it fast" - Jill Morris.

“Relationships matter above all and that you build relationships by making yourself useful, not annoying" - Laura Fitton.

“Best advice I got and give is. ‘Just because someone asks you a question doesn’t mean you have to answer it.’” - Darlene Tenes

“Read, read and read some more. The best way to be a strategic counselor to your clients is if you build time into your day—every day—to read about what is going on in the world.

Schedule time on your calendar if you need to, but make reading a daily habit.” - Lisa Tilt.

“Public relations is a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Before new practitioners commit to an organization or even to an industry, they need to understand what that organization/industry places under the public relations umbrella.” - Alana J. Mauger.

Finally,

“Tell the truth faster” - Dave Phillipson.

I know these are many sayings, but I have different reasons for liking them and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to post them all up in one place so that I can keep track.

This blog is for those who are not sure what Public Relations is, it is also a way for me to record what I discover about the field and how it is a part of my everyday life. This may be beneficial for those who are unsure about their major or career path, those who are switching into public relations or perhaps even wanting to switch out. I would love comments, feedback and guest posts.




Twitter: @Annbitious

YouTube: youtube.com/visualambitions

LinkedIn: Ann Magloire

Facebook: Ann Magloire



© Ann-Makir Magloire

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Ann-Makir Magloire

© Ann-Makir Magloire