Saturday, September 15, 2012

Reading Industry (PR) Articles

I just love reading.
Although it is important to read, it is just as important to read the right stuff as well as apply the right principles. I have been reading Public Relations articles about how to enhance or apply skills to better oneself in the profession.
I have come across some articles that I just cannot pass up, in which I agree with the author and feel as if these are some skills I need to start applying the next time I step out of my room. I have included at least one key pointer from each article I am about to list, I also have the source of the information as a link - the articles come from Ragan PR Daily;
 
Make sure he/she knows who you are. Like you, the other individual probably met a lot of new people at the networking event, and may not remember who you are. It's your job to jog her memory. Make sure you mention where you met her, what you talked about, and who you are. It's impossible to build a strong relationship with someone if she doesn't really know who you are.
 
If you have a lot to say, save some of it for the Q&A. If you don't jam every fact and story you know in your talk, you can stretch out your stories and use dramatic pauses and a varied pace.
Better comprehension from the audience: The speedy speaker loses out because, when you present, audiences need you to speak slower than the way you speak in conversation.
Just smile. It's especially good to keep smiling when you're listening, say, during the Q&A portion of your talk. Make it your default at-rest expression. Will get more positive feedback from the audience. Feels less stressed while speaking
 
These are some great tips for any professional and I really cannot wait to begin applying these in my day to day routine. There are always more tips to learn so I am just going to keep reading.
 
 
 
Twitter: @Annbitious
YouTube: youtube.com/visualambitions
LinkedIn: Ann Magloire
Facebook: Ann Magloire

© Ann-Makir Magloire
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Ann-Makir Magloire

© Ann-Makir Magloire